African Violets Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
A specialist course for African Violet enthusiasts. Designed for the African Violet enthusiast, this course covers everything from potting and feeding, to pests and propagation. You learn how African Violets are classified, and cover the exciting range of varieties available. Here’s your chance to achieve outstanding results with African Violets.
- Describe how African Violets and related plants are classified and the plant naming system
- Describe the cultural requirements of African violets
- Select appropriate propagating materials and using them, propagate African violets.
- Identify and control pest and diseases of African violets
- Discuss the role that light plays in the growth of African violets
- Describe greenhouses and other environmental control equipment used for growing African violets.
- Describe the various ways in which African violets can be grown
- Demonstrate the knowledge acquired for a specific group or individual plant in the Gesneriaceae family through research.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.