Azaleas and Rhododendrons Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Learn to grow azaleas and rhododendrons to perfection”Considered by many to be the very best plants a garden can offer, azaleas and rhododendrons are some of the most popular plants grown anywhere. The course shows how to grow them to perfection, and builds your knowledge of varieties available, to give you a long lasting display of colour in the garden. Soils, weed control, feeding, pest and disease control, watering, landscape design and lots more are included over eight lessons.
- Discuss how Rhododendrons and Azaleas are classified.
- Describe the general cultural requirements that are common to all Rhododendron species.
- Select appropriate materials for propagation
- Propagate Azaleas and Rhododendrons.
- Describe species of azalea are most commonly grown.
- Describe a range of common varieties of Rhododendrons.
- Conduct valid research into lesser known varieties of Rhododendron and Azalea.
- Determine various uses and applications of rhododendrons in the home garden.
- Demonstrate the knowledge acquired for a specific group or individual plant in the Rhododendron group of plants.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.