Conifers Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Understand the classification and use of conifers. Eight lessons provide you with a systematic understanding of the way conifers are classified, show you how to identify the differences between types and develop your understanding of cultural requirements common to the whole group and differences in cultural techniques needed for specific types of conifers. Sections of this course look in detail at trees (e.g. Pines, Cedrus, Spruce), small shrubs, medium shrubs, native conifers and rarer varieties.
- Distinguish between different types of conifers in cultivation, including twenty-five different genera and fifty different varieties.
- Specify the general cultural requirements of different conifer genera.
- Determine specific cultural requirements for some commonly cultivated conifer species.
- Specify specific cultural requirements for some lesser grown conifers, including Australian native and uncommon species.
- Determine different commercial applications for conifers in horticulture.
- Prepare a planting design using conifers.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.