Ferns Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn about the identification, growth and application of ferns. In this 100 hour course we take a detailed look at the identification and culture of ferns. There is so much more than meets the eye with these wonderful prehistoric plants. This is a course for amateurs and professionals; plant collectors and breeders,nurserymen, botanists, landscapers, gardeners and horticulturists.
- Distinguish between different types of ferns in cultivation, including twenty different genera and fifty different varieties.
- Determine critical cultural practices required to successfully grow ferns in different specified situations.
- Determine the cultural requirements of specific fern varieties.
- Apply various specialised techniques to the culture of ferns.
- Prepare a planting plan for an area using ferns.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.