Growing Camellias Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn about camellias and their use. Beautiful camellias require little attention, once established, and yet there is so much to know about them. This course is a wonderful way of learning about the different groups of camellias (eg. japonicas, sasanquas, reticulatas), their special characteristics, and their culture. For amateurs and professionals; plant collectors, camellia enthusiasts, nurserymen, landscapers, gardeners and horticulturists.
- Identify different camellias.
- Describe the cultural requirements common to most, if not all, camellias.
- Propagate camellias
- Determine and describe different ways of using Camellias.
- Describe the identification and culture of most commonly cultivated camellias.
- Describe the identification and culture of sasanqua and reticulata camellias.
- Discuss a range of lesser grown species and cultivars of Camellia.
- Discuss a specialist camellia related topic in depth.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.