Growing Iris Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
About this Course
A detailed course for identifying, growing and harvesting irises. This is a valuable course for anyone with a serious interest in irises either as a commercial grower or an enthusiastic home collector.
- Explain the taxonomy of Iris
- Explain the normal cultural requirements for different types or Iris.
- Breed and propagate Iris.
- Describe the identification and culture of a range of commonly cultivated Iris.
- Manage pest and disease problems on Iris
- Manage water requirements for Iris
- Discuss cultivation of Iris hydroponically
- Explain the use of Irises in landscaping
- Describe the production of Iris as a cut flower crop, in particular the harvest and post harvest.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.