Growing Lavender Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
A great course for anyone interested in growing lavender for hobby or commercial reasons.
This course is aimed at those you are looking to start their own lavender farm but also equally interesting to the enthusiast. These lessons will equip you with the knowledge to start a new venture.
Learn about soils and plant nutrition, growing new varieties of Lavender, methods for commercial production and marketing your products.
- Describe the plant naming system and classification of plants
- Discuss the nature and scope of the Lavender genus.
- Describe the nutritional requirements of the lavender species.
- Explain the cultural requirements of the lavender species.
- Explain propagating techniques specific to lavender
- Describe commercial lavender growing operations.
- Select species appropriate to the climatic and soil conditions of a chosen locality.
- Describe of a variety of lavender species and cultivars.
- Describe the production processes on a lavender farm.
- Describe various lavender products and discuss the way in which they are processed.
- Explain the processes used in the marketing of lavender products.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.