Palms & Cycads Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
About this Course
This course covers all aspects of the culture, propagation and commercial uses of Palms and Cycads. It is suitable for both horticulturalists and home growers.
- Distinguish between the characteristics of different types of palms and cycads.
- Determine general cultural practices, including propagation, for growing palms and cycads.
- Choose palms and cycads to suit different climatic situations.
- Determine treatments for palms and cycads suffering various health problems.
- Specify appropriate landscape applications for palms and cycads.
- Explain different commercial applications for palms and cycads.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.