Proteas Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Learn all aspects of Protea botany and culture in this unique home study course.
Proteas would be perfect for use in low maintenance low water use gardens. Visitors to this is the same situation as natives. They will fit good in most Australian native landscape and garden styles, from large courtyard attributes. They will give color throughout the year and the added bonus of fascinating cut flowers
- Explain the taxonomy of Proteas and closely related genera.
- Describe the cultural requirements of Proteas and related Proteaceae plants
- Propagate Proteas.
- Compare a range of commonly grown Protea species.
- Manage problems including pests and diseases with Proteas.
- Discuss a range of different Protea species and cultivars.
- Determine and describe a range of ways to grow and use Proteas; including as a landscape plant and as a cut flower.
- Discuss a subject related to Proteas in depth.
Your TutorBarbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design.