Abnormal Psychology Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Imaging learning about schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, mania, childhood disorders and more. If you really want to understand the behaviour of people in your life whether its at home or work you need to study abnormal psychologies. Understanding abnormal behavior is the first step towards supporting others at a professional level or as a friend or acquaintance. A valuable course for anyone who wants to help and support others.
Who should study Abnormal Psychology?
- human resource professionals
- psychology students
- parents and carers of those with different psychologies
- anyone seeking to gain understanding and insight to different psychologies.
Also covers substance abuse and alcohol related problems and mood and anxiety issues in this online abnormal psychology course with a comprehensive 11 lessons.
What you will study
- Identify disorders first prevalent under 18 years of age;
- Describe how you would diagnose a case of suspected Autism in a child of 4 years of age;
- Compare and contrast delirium and dementia;
- Do an internet search for images of PET scans and MRI of brains affected by delirium or dementia include the images an essay discussing these disorders;
- Distinguish between substance abuse disorders and substance dependence disorders;
- Differentiate between psychotic disorders;
- Describe briefly the subtypes of Schizophrenia;
- Distinguish between Unipolar disorders and Bipolar disorders;
- Outline a cognitive model of depression;
- Describe different types of Anxiety Disorders;
- Develop a treatment to overcome a client’s fear of spiders;
- Distinguish between Somatoform and Dissociative Disorders;
- Explain the primary criticisms of dissociative identity disorder;
- Provide a diagnosis of a case study and justify your diagnosis;
- Discuss Gender Identity Disorder, Paraphilias and Sexual Dysfunction;
- Explain what distinguishes a preference of sexual act or object as a paraphilia;
- Identify Eating Disorders and Sleep Disorders;
- Explain how eating disorders develop;
- Distinguish between Impulse Control Disorders and Adjustment disorders;
- Develop a diagnostic table for impulse control disorders;
- Distinguish between different types of Personality Disorder;
- Differentiate between Narcissistic and Histrionic personality disorders.
Your TutorDr. Nicholas Harris B. Psychology (Hons I), PhD
Nicholas is a social psychologist; he studies and teaches on topics involving group-level and individual-level behavior, as well as examining the effect of the situation. Nicholas has been involved in writing textbooks and research papers in psychology. Nicholas’ teaching experience is vast; he has taught social psychology, indigenous and intercultural psychology, statistics, research methods, psychological measurement and assessment, personality, organizational psychology, counselling skills, and ethics. Nicholas has also completed a number of short courses on counselling and suicide prevention, and has volunteered for a number of years with Lifeline. Nicholas has supervised a number of honours and master’s research theses.