Industrial Psychology Course Online
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
What is Industrial Psychology?
Industrial and organisational psychology (also known as I/O psychology, work psychology, or personnel psychology) is the scientific study of employees, workplaces, and organizations. Industrial and organizational psychologists contribute to an organization’s success by improving the performance and well-being of its people.
Why take an Industrial Psychology Course?
Students study industrial psychology to learn about workplace psychology, to develop their management skills further to supervise staff or manage their workplace, improve workplace performance and satisfaction and also to enhance their career opportunities in psychology, counseling, management or education.
What you will do:
- Discuss basic concepts that may be relevant to understanding industrial psychology.
- Identify similarities and differences that occur in the way different employees perceive their workplace.
- Discuss the effect of personality and temperament upon industrial psychology.
- Identify applications for psychological testing in industrial management.
- Discuss the psychology of management
- Identify ways that the work environment might impact upon the psychology of people in a workplace
- Explain how motivation influences work productivity.
- Discuss the application of psychology to recruitment.
- Explain the impact of social factors upon work productivity.
- Discuss the significance of psychological disorders or abnormalities in a workplace.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.