Motivation Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Motivation is the driving force by which humans achieve their goals. Learn to motivate others and keep yourself motivated too! This is recommended course for anyone in a supervisory or management position and this course complements Management and Professional Supervision. Why learn motivation? Motivated employees are needed in our modern workplaces. They help organizations survive. Motivated staff are more productive. So to be effective, managers need to understand what motivates employees within their roles. Of all the roles of a manager, motivating staff is likely the most complex, just like what motivates people is continuously changing.
- Describe the nature and scope of motivation
- Identify the differences between people that distinguish the application of motivational skills
- Explain the significance of knowledge and understanding to motivation.
- Explain the effects of Tangible Rewards (eg: Money, Services, Goods) as a major motivator.
- Explain the effect of intangible Rewards (eg: Security, Ethics, Gratitude, Belief
- Systems/Religion, Peer Pressure) as a major motivator.
- Explain how actions can be motivated by negative motivators such as pain, suffering, discipline, threat), and distinguish this type of motivation from positive motivation.
- Explain how to initiate motivation with an individual or group in a situation not previously confronted.
- Explain how motivation can be maintained or increased in both successful and unsuccessful environments.
- Identify a range of situations where motivational skills can be applied, and determine an appropriate way to initiate and maintain motivation in each of those situations.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.