Multicultural Awareness Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
In this online Multicultural Awareness course you will develop an understanding of appropriate practices and procedures within different cultures. Some consider these differences to be of great significance in determining human behavior and thinking, others view culture as just one of many factors that influence the behavior of individuals and groups. This course is suitable for anyone in culturally sensitive situations or needing to understand cultural differences.
- Develop an awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity;
- Understand the cultural awareness of the self through verbal and non-verbal means;
- Understand the origins and influences of prejudice and racism;
- Understand the impact of culture when working with culturally different clients;
- Understand bias toward and barriers against effective multi-cultural relationships;
- Understand the fundamentals of developing and implementing cultural competence;
- Understand multi-cultural attitudes toward mental health issues.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.