Leisure Facility Management A (Introduction) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Home Study Leisure Facility Management. This comprehensive introductory course focuses on the management and development of recreational facilities and will enhance your ability to plan and advise on facilities for a range of recreation and fitness activities. This course can be taken on its own or as part of a higher level qualification. This course is useful and appropriate for anyone working in Leisure Centre Management, Event Management or even the Tourism or Resort industries.
There are two parts to this course:
Part 1: A comprehensive introductory course focusing on the management and development or redevelopment of recreation facilities. Subjects cover the nature of recreation and fitness facilities, legal requirements during construction, the management of minor construction projects and evaluating fitness and recreation equipment. The course is an accredited Advanced Diploma module.
Part 2: This course develops skills to manage day to day operations of facilities such as gyms, health clubs, swimming pools, or recreation facilities. The course deals with managing bookings, purchasing, safety, contingencies and insurance.
- Explain the scope of work involved in the management of recreation and fitness facilities.
- Explain the nature of recreation and fitness facilities, including their physical characteristics and their management requirements.
- Explain the legal aspects which must be satisfied by construction work projects. Plan the management of construction work projects for different recreation facilities.
- Explain the suitability and management of equipment for a given purposes in indoor recreation or fitness facilities (Part A – Indoor Equipment).
- Explain the suitability and management of equipment for given purposes in outdoor recreation or fitness facilities (Part B – Outdoor Equipment).
- Develop safety procedures for a recreation facility.
- Determine equipment needed for a sports or fitness facility. Purchase new equipment for a recreation or fitness facility.
- Manage the bookings for use of a recreation facility.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with likely emergencies in recreation and fitness industry workplaces.
- Manage insurance issues for a recreation or fitness facility.
- Develop a plan for managing the use of a specific recreation facility.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.