Leisure Facility Management B Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Students are assumed to have some extensive experience or knowledge in Leisure Facility Management
There are two parts to this course:
Part 1: This course is relevant to the management and maintenance of both indoor and outdoor facilities and equipment, including swimming pools, locker rooms, buildings, gymnasiums, and sports turf. Content includes monitoring the condition of equipment, routine maintenance programming and simple repair procedures.
Part 2: This course will create a manager’s ability to participate effectively as part of a design team for major works, or to plan and direct contractors in the development of minor facilities. It covers:
- Ergonomic considerations
- Managing construction work
- Design of sportsgrounds
- Design of indoor facilities
- Design of gymnasium equipment
- Identify work tasks involved in the maintenance of recreation facilities.
- Manage the condition of recreational water facilities, including swimming pools.
- Manage the condition of a sports turf facility, including monitoring and maintaining the condition of turf.
- Manage the condition of a gymnasium, including monitoring the condition of structures and equipment.
- Manage the condition of a public building, including monitoring.
- Explain design factors for recreation facilities.
- Explain the concept of ergonomics related to recreation facility design.
- Explain the design of an outdoor recreation facility used in the industry.
- Explain the design of an indoor recreation facility.
- Arrange moveable equipment and furnishings in a way to maximise predetermined criteria, including safety and function, within the physical confines of a facility.
- Explain the design of fitness equipment.
- Develop a management strategy for the construction of part, or all, of a recreation facility.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.