Play Leadership Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Play is one the most important things a child does. Without play there is no creativity and imagination.
Learn to help children play with this unique course.
This course will develop valuable skills in anyone working, or wishing to work with children. Our staff have experience training play leaders since the late 1970s, our knowledge in the industry is extensive and current. We have devised this truely fantastic course which will challenge you and arm you with the skills you need to succeed in this vitally important field. Children deserve the best!
- To explain the purpose of play in the cognitive, physical and social development of a child.
- To determine the skills required to carry out a play leadership role in different situations
- To develop a plan for a supervised children’s play program.
- To develop a basic understanding of the impact of play upon the psychological development of a child.
- To determine appropriate measures to take to protect a child’s safety when at play, while minimising any interference which might diminish the quality of the play experience.
- To develop an understanding of options for physical play activities, including games and sports, in a supervised play program.
- To develop an understanding of options for social play activities, in a supervised play program.
- To develop a basic ability to plan, establish and manage a supervised adventure
- To develop an ability to evaluate a range of different play apparatus, including playground structures, toys, sports equipment, commenting on quality, safety features, appropriate applications and cost benefit.
- To broaden your scope of opportunities that can be offered for children to play, appropriate to a wide range of different situations.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.