Sports Psychology Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Appropriate for coaches, athletes, physical education teachers, fitness instructors, trainers and anyone interested in sports.
Develop your skills and application of psychological principles for use in sports. Learn about such things as psychological traits common to successful athletes, ways to keep and increase motivation, leadership, aggression and team dynamics.
- Develop your skills and understanding of psychology in sports.
- Know the importance of good leadership in sports.
- Understand the principles of coaching in sports psychology.
- Help professional and amateur athletes.
In professional or competitive sport, this study is important because:
- A person’s psychology or state of mind could have a meaningful effect upon their sporting performance.
- The selection of competitors for elite sport is influenced by an assessment of their individual psychology, as well as other factors such as recent performance and fitness.
Sports psychologists provide two major types of services:
- Counselling – in areas which affect the athlete.
- Strategies that improve performance.
- Describe the nature and scope of Sports Psychology
- Identify psychological traits found in successful athletes.
- Explain effects of state of mind on athletic performance.
- Recommend ways of maintaining or increasing motivation in an athlete.
- Differentiate between positive and negative application of aggressive emotions in sport.
- Discuss the role of leadership in sports coaching.
- Explain the impact on performance of psychological interactions within a sporting team.
- Describe variations in the sports psychology of different demographic groups.
Your TutorJodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching.
Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity.
More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be.
Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.