Self Sufficiency II Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Study the practical skills to get independence by growing and harvesting and preserving your own foods.
- Explain the importance of good diet and nutrition to good health
- Discuss the potential for increasing self sufficiency by growing your own food in a kitchen garden.
- Describe the potential and appropriate procedures for vegetable growing in your area.
- Describe the potential for fruit growing and appropriate fruit growing procedures for your locality.
- Describe the process of practices like bottling to extend the shelf life of produce.
- Explain the process of practices like freezing and drying to extend the shelf life of produce.
- Describe the principles of animal production and processing animal products, where someone is seeking to improve dietary self sufficiency.
- Describe growing and cooking with herbs, where someone is seeking to improve dietary self sufficiency.
- Describe the use of eggs and cheese where someone is seeking to improve dietary self sufficiency.
- Describe the use of grains in a situation where someone is seeking to improve dietary self sufficiency.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.