Soil Management (Crops) Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Good soil conditions are critical to the healthy growth of most plants. Over eight lessons this course will develop an understanding of physical & chemical properties of soils, the ability to carry out simple tests and determine soil characteristics, and to decide ways of treating a soil to improve its ability to grow plants. The course is specifically designed for crop production.
- Explain the physical and chemical properties of soils suitable for crop production.
- Use soil testing methods to assess soils characteristics suitable for crop production.
- Describe appropriate techniques for sustainable soil management for crop production.
- Explain the methods used in managing earthworks in a way which is sensitive to soil condition.
- Identify and propose solutions for a number of problems that may occur with soils for crop production.
- Describe the relationship between soil characteristics and plant health.
- Describe appropriate techniques for soil management in crop production.
Your TutorKaren Huntley MSc Marketing Management (Food Related Industries), PDC, PG Dip Organic Farming, Cert Marketing, BA. Professional Development Diploma in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (Coventry University/Thrive, UK)
Karen has a strong background and passion for organic food production systems, nutrition and community agriculture. Karen also has experience and training in Permaculture (PDC), horticultural therapy, community organic enterprises as well as being an experienced bee keeper.