Photojournalism Practice A (Introduction) BPH302 Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Photojournalism is a particular form of journalism (the collecting, editing, and presenting of news material for publication or broadcast) that creates and collects images in order to tell a news story.
In this online course you will learn how to deal with ethical dilemmas, generate your own ideas for photo stories, select photos for a specific publication, submit work for publication, and meet the requirements of an editor and publisher. This course takes you through the processes of selecting photos for a specific publication, submitting work for publication, and meeting the requirements of an editor and publisher.
- Discuss the nature and scope of photojournalism
- Explore issues of ethics in photojournalism and develop an understanding of your own biases.
- To explore the composition of photographs and associated legal issues.
- To revise basic terms used in photojournalism.
- Understand the photo story, the effect of editing and placement on the meaning of an image.
- Research International web sites for publishing and looking at work
- Explain publishing specifications, and apply that understanding to specific photography tasks.
- Develop an understanding of online management systems.
- Improve your Photography Style and submitting images for publication
- Develop your writing abilities to accompany your images.
- Revise your Submitted Work