Creative Writing Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
|Tutor Support|| |
Yes unlimited by email
This course is ideal for anyone who loves to write and wants to improve their skills and ability. Gain tools to help you write for different genres and gain an introduction to writing books, for newspapers, non-fiction and fiction.
- suitable for students who want to write but are not sure what to write
- those who wants to engage in a broad spectrum of writing styles/genres
- anyone who loves to write!
- Describe elements and forms of creative writing.
- Develop skills that will help you generate, evaluate and communicate ideas. Discuss the functions of clear writing, and the art of revealing and concealing in writing.
- Establish theme and structure as planning tools.
- Identify and discuss various forms of fiction writing and publishing opportunities.
- Analyse different non-fiction genres to determine key elements and strategies.
- Analyse different forms of creative writing commonly found in newspapers.
- Analyse magazine articles to determine what makes a good feature article.
- Discuss the main elements of book writing, including theme, organisation, and weaving different narrative threads into a unified whole.
- Prepare a portfolio of creative writing ready for submission and of future ideas.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.