ESL Writing Fundamentals Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
This course will develop your knowledge of English grammar and your ability to write in English for business and study. The course is aimed at students who can write and speak basic English and wish to strengthen their English language skills, particularly their writing skills.
Students will learn by reading the course notes, completing written and spoken exercises for each lesson, and submitting them for comment and correction. Your tutor will provide ongoing and personalised support.
- Understand the basic rules of grammar
- Apply rules of grammar to construct correct sentences
- Identify word parts – word roots, prefixes and suffixes
- Use word parts to develop vocabulary
- Name the parts of speech
- Understand basic principles of correct sentence construction
- Understand the nature and purpose of a paragraph
- Identify different kinds of language – formal/informal, direct/indirect
- Identify appropriate language for different writing contexts
- Use correct formats for business writing
- Use correct formats for writing for study
- Improve pronunciation
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.