Freelance Writing Online Course
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
Freelance writing can be a highly satisfying and rewarding way to earn money, either as a part time or full time career. To be successful at Freelance Writing, you need good writing skills of course ….but also, saleable ideas, patience, persistence and an ability to meet obligations and deadlines.
- Learn how to write what publishers want
- Improve your professional writing skills under the guidence of a team of internationally published book, magazine and newspaper writers
- Learn how to optimise opportunities for “breaking in” to the writing profession as a freelance author, writer or journalist
- Discuss the nature and scope of freelance writing.
- Evaluate your basic writing skills and identify deficiencies needing attention in order to be successful at freelance writing.
- Develop a concept for freelance writing which has potential for selling.
- Identify commercial opportunities to sell writing to publishers.
- Describe the preparation of a manuscript for submission to a publisher
- Write commercially viable items for publishing in a newspaper.
- Write commercially viable items for publishing in a magazine.
- Plan for production of a commercially viable book manuscript.
- Write commercially viable advertising.
- Apply all skills and knowledge so far developed to the production of a complete manuscript.
Your TutorLiselle Turner Content Writer & Founder of SCRIPTIO | B. Business (Marketing), Dip Hospitality Management, Cert IV TAE
Liselle is a content writer and project manager. In addition to her background in advertising, she has worked in the learning and development industry (e.g. TAFE QLD, Mission Australia, Work and Income NZ). She holds a Bachelor of Business, a Diploma of Hospitality and Management, and a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.