Cat Psychology and Training Course Online
From: $50.00 Inc GST / week for 16 weeks
100 hrs (12 months)
|Tutor Support|| |
Yes unlimited by email
About this Course
Study this cat psychology course online! We have been fascinated by cats throughout our history with domestication dating back to 3700 BC! Cat intelligence has been well studied and its known that cats have excellent memories which combined with the ability to apply their memory to current situations allows cats to adapt quickly to new environments. The domestication process has directly affected the evolution of cats physically and socially.
Why study this cat psychology course?
This cat psychology course is offered online or by correspondence. It is designed to help you gain skills and understanding in feline psychology and behavior which can then be applied to efficient cat training.
- 100 hours study
- 12 months to complete
- Easy, self-paced
- Flexible payment options
- Great tutor & admin support
Careerline’s Cat Training Course examines various aspects of cat psychology such as communication, natural behavior, cat senses, abnormal behaviors, training, behavior management as well as a final lesson on establishing your own cat business.
This cat psychology course online is suitable for: cat lovers, vet nurses, animal carers, shelter workers, animal trainers, zoo keepers pet shop workers and so on.
You will learn:
- Understand cat psychology and apply that knowledge to manage and influence the behavior of cats.
- Describe how cats think, and discuss the relevance of understanding cat psychology to people.
- Explain how cats communicate; and formulate an understanding of possible ways that a human may communicate with a cat.
- Understand behaviours that are natural, hence predictable in cats; and learn to read signals that cats give.
- Explain how cats develop behavioural characteristics throughout stages of their life.
- Describe commonly occurring behavioural problems in cats.
- Describe techniques for training cats
- Implement measures to manage the behaviour of cats. Develop knowledge on running your own cat business.
Your TutorDr. Karin Dreyer-Haasbroek B.V.S. M.Sc. (Parasitology)
Karin’s love and passion for animals stem from growing up on a farm in South Africa. After gaining her Veterinary Science degree she worked in mixed general practice while completing a master’s degree in Veterinary Parasitology. Living and working in South Africa exposed Karin to a vast range of experiences in the clinical veterinary field: treating patients ranging from marmoset monkeys to lions to the everyday cat, dog or horse. Two years as a Laboratory Vet resulted in helping farmers tackling livestock health problems in a variety of farm production systems. Since her move to Western Australia with her family, Karin has been working in a small animal practice.
During her 20 years as a vet, she has been involved in several research projects and the tutoring of students in various fields of animal science. She enjoys mentoring students and sharing her knowledge and she loves helping students flourish and realise their full potential.