A business plan is a formal statement of a set of business goals, the reasons why they are believed attainable, and the plan for reaching those goals. Business Planning is therefore the process of planning a business and the outcome is a comprehensive and well thought out document that describes the future path of a business. A good business plan explains the business concept, summarizes the objectives of the business, identifies the resources, in terms of funding and people, that will be needed by the business, describes how those resources will be obtained, and tells the reader why the business will succeed.
This course helps you to develop such a document in a way that is practical and clearly focused.
- Describe what a business plan is, and it main components
- Differentiate between a vision statement and a mission statement
- Discuss legal and administrative requirements of a business
- Explain the importance of a business name
- Explain the importance of setting goals and objectives in a business setting
- Describe strategies for coping with growth
- Describe different types of business risks
- Explain marketing process
- Explain operations planning
- Explain the importance of human resources
- Explain the purpose of financial planning
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
There are 11 lessons in this course:
Introduction to Business Planning
- The business plan
- strategic and operational planning
- feasibility studies
- the executive summary
Focus and Direction
- Deciding on direction
- visualising future business directions
- vision and mission statements
Legal and Administrative Requirements
- Legal structure of a business
- business names
- licenses and permits
- types of business ownership
Developing Objectives and Strategies
- Setting goals and objectives
- SWOT and GAP analyses
- strategies for achieving objectives
Planning for Growth
- Planned as opposed to runaway growth
- the growth plan
Risk Management and Contingencies
- Approaches to risk management
- identifying business risks
- System components
- the quality audit
- business plans as a mechanism of control
- The definition of marketing
- marketing requirements
- the marketing process
- market research
- implications of unplanned marketing
- Control of business operations
- writing an operation plan
Human Resource Plans
- The value of human resources
- occupational health and safety
- skills and competencies of different staff
- The importance of financial planning
- establishment costs and start up capital
- cash flow forecasts
- profit and loss statements
When you have completed your lessons you have the option of taking the optional exam. It's ok if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A. (Leisure Management), Grad. Dip. Ed. Fitness Leaders Cert., I.T.C.
With over a decade of hospitality experience at all levels from recreation to resort General Manager, combined with both a love of education and business, Thea is a very welcome addition to Careerline Courses. Thea is actively involved in continuing professional development in both hospitality and business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.